Gran Turismo and Audi Partner for the Ultimate Giveaway
- Gran Turismo and Audi are partnering for the ultimate fan experience: a chance for a true circuit experience in a real Audi R8
- The event is exclusive to PlayStation 4 in Japan and runs between May 1st to May 15th
As the coronavirus continues to wreak havoc across the world, organizations are routinely postponing and canceling events. From E3 2020 to multiple video game delays, the industry is in state of perpetual chaos. But certain publishers are finding creative solutions to keep fans engaged. On Friday, Sony Interactive announced a special partnership with Audi Japan: a Gran Turismo Sport challenge with the ultimate grand prize. Let’s dive in.
Audi Gran Turismo Challenge
While Forza is a staple among Xbox racing fans, Gran Turismo remains the industry’s coup de grace. With an estimated eight million in lifetime sales, the PlayStation 4 exclusive Gran Turismo Sport is already a resounding success. But on Friday, Sony announced a partnership that could potentially push the storied franchise to new heights.
Diehard fans of Nascar and Indycar share many similarities. Both have a love for the track as well as the dream of driving an official race car. During this current period of disarray, Sony and Audi have partnered to grant the wish of one lucky fan: the chance to drive an official Audi race car. To win the ultimate fan experience, a video game must be played.
From May 1 to May 15, Sony and Audi will host a time trial challenge on Japan’s most famous track, Fuji Speedway. Fans of PlayStation 4 can compete in this challenge by searching for the tournament named “Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo Challenge” when playing Gran Turismo Sport. The event is exclusive to Japanese residents as well as the PlayStation 4 console. Prizes will be awarded to the top three competitors and include the following:
- Grand Prize. The winner of the fastest time trial will receive a real Audi R8 Experience. The grand prize comes with free driving lessons from professional race car drivers as well as a chance to drive a real Audi R8 on an official race car track.
- 2nd Place. Audi R8 Coupe Minicar. Second place will receive a model Audi R8 Coupe that is approximately 1/18th the size of the real car. Though not as prestigious as the grand prize, this sporty V10 design is a charming consolation prize.
- 3rd Place. Finally, the third place finisher will receive an officially licensed Audi Sport bear. The fury animal is wearing an official Audi Sport DTM racing suit, which is removable.
But we want to know what you think. Are you excited for the Gran Turismo and Audi challenge? Will you participate in the event? Let us know in the comments below or the social media links on the right. Also, be sure to check out our other news items on Final Fantasy VII Remake, Animal Crossing, Modern Warfare, and more.
Want to dive deeper into your favorite games? Be sure to check out our editorial columns, such as On This Day in Gaming and Music that Moves articles. Also, subscribe to our social media links below or click on one of the links in our soundcloud. Trust us: You will not want to miss a thing!
Finally, we are starting to stream every night and are looking to add to our community. Be one of the first 100 followers on Twitch and Mixer for a chance to win a free GamingROI tee-shirt. All you have to do is click the links above and select “follow”. We will announce the winners at the end of each month. Until next time, enjoy!