nintendo direct – new xenoblade CHRONICLES de
While the Nintendo Direct Mini did not produce as much content as expected, Monolith Soft revealed more information on Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition. In addition to updated graphics and tracks, the RPG studio divulged an exciting new epilogue.
Now We’re In the Endgame
While fans have criticized Nintendo for porting too many Switch games, critics should classify Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition as a remake. Nintendo’s new trailer showed off multiple improvements:
- Monolith Soft built the character models and overworld in the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Torna engine. As a result, the colors are more vibrant, character models are more expressive, and the landscape is more thorough and lush.
- Monolith also re-recorded several tracks to include the fan-favorite “Gaur Plains”.
- Finally, the studio streamlined the battle system and menus to provide a more enjoyable experience.
The final portion of the new trailer was by far the most exciting. Not only is Xenoblade Chronicles DE releasing on May 29th, but the game is also getting a new post-game epilogue titled “Futures Connected.”
In Futures Connected, players can explore the Bionis’ shoulder after completing the main campaign. From the trailer, here is everything that we can safely glean:
- It seems as though the expansion content is accessible via a warp portal near Alcamoth.
- An undiscovered establishment resides near the Bionis’ Shoulder.
- Unlike the main campaign, certain enemies, such as the telethia, live in harmony with the new city.
- The expansion appears to focus on Shulk and Melia, which could be an indicator of the post-game story.
The biggest question is whether Futures Connected has anything to do with prior entries in the Xenoblade series. Given the rather obvious title, it is safe to assume that the endgame content is related in some way. The only question is whether or not the epilogue will reveal more information on the next Xenoblade game.
Although Future Connected might not have the same amount of content as the Torna expansion, we are excited for the Xenoblade Chronicles endgame story. While Nintendo has not released story details, the title alone is curious. But do you think the game will content to others in the series? Let us know in the comments below or the social media links on the right. Also, be sure to check out our other news items on Pokemon, Modern Warfare, Capcom, Blizzard and more.
Want to stay on top of all the latest news in the video game world? Subscribe to our social media links below or click on one of the links in our soundcloud. Trust us: You will not want to miss a thing!
Finally, we are starting to stream every night and are looking to add to our community. Be one of the first 100 followers on Twitch and Mixer for a chance to win a free GamingROI tee-shirt. All you have to do is click the links above and select “follow”. We will announce the winners at the end of March. Until next time, enjoy!