Indie World Nintendo Direct Scheduled for March 17
- Indie World Direct will air on March 17 at 1 p.m. EST
- The presentation will be approximately 20 minutes in length and cover upcoming indie games for the Nintendo Switch
Before we get started, GamingROI has a special announcement. Subscribe to our email distribution list below for a chance to win a free GamingROI tee shirt! All you have to do is enter your email address below and select “subscribe”. Gaming ROI will announce the winners on April 15th, 2020. Now for some interesting news about Nintendo’s Indie World Direct.
While fans anxiously await for more news on the next Nintendo Direct, Nintendo of America announced an Indie World Direct scheduled for March 17, 2020 at 1 p.m. EST. Here is what we are hoping to see.
A Glimmer of Hope
As the world continues to sort through the impacts of the coronavirus, Nintendo dropped a news bomb on Monday. The next Indie World showcase event will air on Tuesday, March 17 at 1 p.m. EST. Be sure to tune into Nintendo’s official Twitch account to watch live.
While fans await the next full Direct, the Indie World announcement is curious. Although Nintendo has many titles in the words, we still need more information on the following:
- Hollow Knight Silksong: We likely will not hear anything new about Team Cherry’s next project until this summer, but the Hollow Knight sequel is highly anticipated. It would be refreshing if Nintendo announced something new tomorrow; however, we believe it will save this announcement for the E3 Direct.
- Axiom Verge 2: Little has been said about the sequel to the Super Metroid clone since last summer. Now fans wonder what Thomas Happ Games is up to. Perhaps tomorrow we will know more.
- Lenna’s Inception: Fans of Link’s Awakening have been waiting for this procedurally generated game for quite some time. Nintendo would win the day if it revealed more details before Steam.
- Eastward: It is no secret that Chucklefish publishes great games. Stardew Valley continues to be a hit, and Eastward seems to be the next progression. Armed with a similar artstyle the as Earthbound series, this highly anticipated RPG could be the sleeper hit of 2020.
We will continue to update the community as more information becomes available. Our hope is that Nintendo will continue to showcase indie games and provide players with in-depth analysis. In particular, the Nintendo Treehouse event during E3 needs to be replicated in some way this summer. Nintendo has an opportunity to support small, independent studios, and it would be wise to partner with these developers during turbulent times.
But we want to know what you think. Are you excited about the upcoming Nintendo Indie World Direct? What games are you most excited about seeing?
Want to stay on top of all the latest news in the video game world? Subscribe to our social media links below or click on one of the links in our sound cloud. Trust us: You will not want to miss a thing!
Finally, we are starting to stream every night and are looking to add to our community. Be one of the first 100 followers on Twitch and Mixer for a chance to win a free GamingROI tee-shirt. All you have to do is click the links above and select “follow”. We will announce the winners at the end of March. Until next time, enjoy