Remedy: Control Game Expansion Releasing March 26th
- Remedy Entertainment announced a release date for the Control game DLC Pack 1: The Foundation.
- The DLC will release on March 26, 2020 for XBOX One, PS4, and PC
Before we get started, GamingROI has a special announcement. Subscribe to our email distribution list below for a chance to win a free GamingROI tee shirt! All you have to do is enter your email address below and select “subscribe”. Gaming ROI will announce the winners on April 15th, 2020. Now for some interesting news about upcoming DLC for Remedy’s Control game.
Remedy Entertainment is one of the more unique independent video game studios. Known for the Max Payne and Alan Wake series, Remedy creates action-adventure games that are mainly focused on story elements with unique gameplay controls. While the studio has struggled in this current generation with Quantum Break, last year’s Control game is a redemption story. On Thursday, the indie studio revealed new information on upcoming Control DLC.
The Cryptic Tweet
Sometimes 20 seconds is all the time needed to generate the hype necessary to drive sales. But at other times, a short trailer can create more questions than answers. Such is the case with Remedy’s surprise announcement of Control’s DLC: The Foundation.
While the trailer provides an interesting graphic for the Oldest House, Remedy revealed little more than the release date for the DLC: March 26, 2020. According to the Epic Game Store, The Foundation DLC will allow players to:
Explore the roots of the Oldest House and discover strange secrets unknown even to the Bureau. The Foundation doors are open, but some things should remain buried.
Here is what we still do not know:
- Price: While most DLC ranges from $5 to $30, Remedy is awkwardly quiet as to how much the new content will cost. Given that The Foundation releases in just two weeks, this is an odd move. Because price is the most important factor in gamer buyingi habits, Remedy needs to reveal this information soon.
- How to Access the DLC: Do players need to complete the main campaign before accessing the DLC? Can players access the DLC from within the main game? Is the DLC a completely separate side story?
- Amount of Content: There is no word on how long The Foundation DLC will be. Because the new content is story driven, we can assume that the Foundations should provide at least five hours of new gameplay. But at this point, your guess is as good as ours.
While fans of Remedy’s Control game should be excited about the Foundation DLC, it is odd that Epic Games and Remedy have not announced the price for this new content. Depending upon the popularity of the amount of content, this upcoming DLC can range anywhere from $5 to $30. We will keep fans posted once Remedy announces more details.
But we want to know what you think. Did you play Control last year? If so, will you buy and play the upcoming DLC? Let us know in the comments below or the social media links on the right. Also, be sure to check out our other news items on Pokemon, Modern Warfare, Capcom, Blizzard and more.
Want to stay on top of all the latest news in the video game world? Subscribe to our social media links below or click on one of the links in our sound cloud. Trust us: You will not want to miss a thing!
Finally, we are starting to stream every night and are looking to add to our community. Be one of the first 100 followers on Twitch and Mixer for a chance to win a free GamingROI tee-shirt. All you have to do is click the links above and select “follow”. We will announce the winners at the end of March. Until next time, enjoy!